With everyday growth in technology, companies and businesses are doing all they can to ensure they keep up. Visa is one of the digital payment companies that have not been left behind. Amongst their many technological products and services are Visa Provisioning Service.
The system simply allows users to activate their mobile payments using the near field communication technology (NFC). This article goes on to define what Visa Provisioning Service is, how it works, its advantages, and everything else you need to know about it.
What is Visa Provisioning Service
As highlighted above, Visa Provisioning Service is a way of activating your mobile payments on your smart device, using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
The main aim of Visa coming up with this service is to ensure they keep up with any changes and adjustments in consumer behavior as well as the ever-changing technology. They wanted to be able to adapt to new technological development and advancements fast and improve their user experience.
It uses a machine-to-machine service through the Visa network for the completion of mobile payment processes and transactions including the Visa Token Service that enables secure payments for cardless transactions.
How Visa Provisioning Service Works
For this service to work for you, your device must be compatible with NFC technology. This means you must be able to transfer data through Bluetooth or NFC (wirelessly), to make a purchase without having to use your credit card.
It requires you to have a Near Field Communication chip, as part of your device’s hardware. Unfortunately, if your phone is an older version, you may not be able to use it. If your phone has the chip, then you just need to touch the NFC terminal. It will then only ask for a fingerprint or a password before you can make your payment.
How to Enable Visa Provision Service
Enabling Visa Provisioning Service is quite simple. All you need to do is download an app on your device. You also have to contact your financial provision company and request them to activate the service on their own systems and devices.
Another thing is to authenticate by the Visa Provision Service. This is done using a secure passcode to unlock your NFC chip on your phone and activate the service. This method is also known as tokenization.
The company generates a “token” and replaces it with your account number to protect your information. Here is how the process works;
- Enroll in your visa account with the payment service
- Enter your required account details. This includes your account number, passcode, and all other required information
- Your service provider will then contact Visa to request your payment token for the account
- Visa will then share your token request with your financial provider/ bank
- Once the bank approves the request, it will put the token in place of your account number, replacing it totally for your mobile payment transactions.
How To Use Visa Provisioning Service In Real-Time
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the service to complete a transaction, once an authorization for payment is created;
- Enter all the necessary account details as required. This may include your card details, SSN, ZIP Code, and more
- If you are using an iPhone, find the Apple Pay icon and click on it (Usually found at the bottom of the page)
- An instructions window will open and you will be prompted to either use your Face ID or Touch ID to complete the transaction.
Who Is Visa Provisioning Service For
Because of its many benefits, most companies in the US use this service for purchases and mobile transactions. Besides being fast, easy, and convenient, the service enables the companies to improve customer loyalty and security.
Some of the banks, network providers, and transit organizations that use the service include Netflix, Apple, Starbucks, US Google Pay, Samsung, Amazon, Pioneer Service Corporation, Chase Bank USA, Citi Bank Mobile Banking Apps, and more.
Visa Provisioning Service Charge
While the Visa Provisioning service is typically free to sign up for and use, it is concerning to see a charge pop up on your account for Visa Provisioning Service, even though it is just a $0 charge. This charge is usually a preauthorization from a seller. They do this to verify that your account is valid.
Some situations that would lead to this include when you are making specific purchases online, direct deposit companies, and recently cashed checks.
Advantages of the Visa Provisioning Service
There are many advantages that come with Visa Provisioning Service. Check out some of these benefits below;
- The technology helps in reducing fraud rates
- It enables businesses to spend more time growing and increasing sales rather than processing transactions
- Improves customer experience and retention
With technology always developing, changing, and improving, every business is looking for easy ways to adapt. And Visa Provision Service is one of the services that help make things easy in the industry.
Many companies and individuals are embracing and preferring cardless transactions. Tokenization has made processing payments easy compared to the whole process of making a payment with bank account details.
- Best Payday loan Apps That Accept Chime
- How To Load Money To Cash App Card At 711
- How To Transfer Visa Gift Card To Venmo
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Visa Provisioning Service;