Robinhood is among the most common trading platforms for future investors, but not every user is pleased. For example, suppose you need to shift from Robinhood to one of Insider’s top-rated investment applications. In that case, you could directly transfer securities from Robinhood into your new trading account, or you could sell your cryptocurrency and stocks and deposit the proceeds into your checking account.
Withdrawing money from Robinhood is simple if you have an iOS or Android device or use their website. If possible, withdraw your funds from the same checking account you utilized to fund your account. Otherwise, Robinhood may request additional documentation to prove that you are the owner of the checking accounts in question.
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money To Robinhood
- How Do I Make A Money Transfer To Robinhood
- How Do I Make A Money Transfer To My Bank
- How Do I Connect Robinhood To Other Accounts
- Is It Possible To Withdraw Money from Robinhood
- How To Withdraw Funds From Robinhood On Your Mobile Phone
- How To Withdraw Funds From Robinhood On Your Computer
- Reasons Why You Cannot Withdraw Funds From Robinhood
- How To Set Up A Direct Deposit
- Bottom Line
- Related Articles
- Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money To Robinhood
Transferring money may take some time, not because of the withdrawal process you initiate on the Robinhood website, but because of how long it would take for the cash to settle in your account. Typically, you must wait at least two business days after receiving money in your Robinhood account. That’s when the cash will settle into your account and become withdrawable funds.
How Do I Make A Money Transfer To Robinhood
You can fund your account by linking a bank account to your app and transferring money from your bank account. These funds will appear in your history as Pending until they clear in up to five working days.
Customers with Cash Management can also direct deposit their paychecks into their brokerage accounts or use their routing number and ACH account number to transfer cash from an external bank account.
Canceling A Transfer
You can cancel a transfer to or from your Robinhood account until the transfer is processed. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to cancel a transfer once it has been processed.
How Do I Make A Money Transfer To My Bank
You can move funds to a bank account that has already been linked. For example, to move money from your brokerage account to your bank:
- Go to the Cash tab.
- Click Transfer.
- Click Transfer to Your Bank.
- Choose the external bank account to which you want to transfer funds.
- Enter the amount to transfer to your bank.
Transfers will complete in three to five working days.
How Do I Connect Robinhood To Other Accounts
You’ll require your routing number and ACH account number to connect your brokerage account to other accounts. The ACH account number is a prefix to your brokerage account number. The routing number is used to identify the financial institution. In your app, tap the Transfer button underneath the Cash tab to find your routing number and ACH account number.
Transfers to and from your brokerage account might appear in your transaction history at other institutions as transfers to and from Sutton Bank because Sutton Bank provides your routing number.
Please remember that wire transfers are not supported by your ACH account number and routing number.
Is It Possible To Withdraw Money from Robinhood
It is possible to withdraw funds from Robinhood. You could initiate up to five withdrawals into your account on any given business day, which is fantastic. You can also withdraw up to 50,000USD per working day. The only thing you must ensure is that the money withdraws to the correct account.
Withdrawals are handled slightly differently depending on the device used. With that said, if you withdraw from your mobile device, the process will proceed in a specific manner, whereas the steps will differ if you withdraw from your computer.
How To Withdraw Funds From Robinhood On Your Mobile Phone
Withdrawing funds from Robinhood on your mobile phone is a straightforward procedure. All you require is a smartphone and the Robinhood application, readily installed on your phone. This method works on both Android and iOS devices. There may be some differences, but the basic steps are still the same.
- Launch the Robinhood mobile application. Then, press the “Account” button.
- Next, locate and tap the “Transfers” button.
- Select “Transfer to Your Bank” from the drop-down menu.
- A list will display on the screen, and you must locate your bank account within it.
- You must now input the amount you want to withdraw from the account. Then, depending on your needs, you can withdraw a portion of the amount or the entire amount.
- Finally, double-check everything and press the “Confirm” button.
How To Withdraw Funds From Robinhood On Your Computer
Implementing the transaction on your computer might be somewhat different, but it is still a quick and straightforward process. All you need to do is visit the official Robinhood website to get started. The following are the steps you must take:
- Navigate to the Robinhood website. Then, go to your account and sign in.
- You’ll need to look for the “Account” option once you’ve signed in. It is located on the Robinhood website in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Then, tap on the “Banking” option when you see the “Banking” option.
- You will now see a panel on the page beside you. You must input the amount you wish to withdraw from Robinhood in this panel. Once you’ve entered the correct amount of money, you can verify the transaction, and you’ll be able to enjoy your money as soon as it appears in your bank account.
Reasons Why You Cannot Withdraw Funds From Robinhood
There are several possible reasons you might be unable to withdraw funds from Robinhood. The most popular reason is to withdraw funds before the settlement period. However, it is also possible you have made very many withdrawals in 24-hours, or that you are attempting to withdraw too much cash. Otherwise, account limitations may prevent you from withdrawing funds.
In most situations, the issue boils down to the settlement period. The funds in your Robinhood account must “settle” after each sale before the account can transfer them. The above period involves the trade timeline plus two additional days; you will be able to withdraw it on or even after the third. Other restrictions apply to crypto-based transfers as well.
Aside from that, and supposing your account has been already approved, Robinhood will only prevent you from withdrawing funds if you exceed the withdrawal limit. Robinhood limits withdrawals to five per business day. Furthermore, you are only permitted to withdraw up to 50,000USD per working day across all withdrawals.
Typically, you may be subject to account restrictions. However, these are much less common, usually appearing only when a user changes their linked bank account or exhibits unusual trade patterns or behavior. If you believe your account has been restricted, you must contact Robinhood support directly.
If you cannot withdraw funds from Robinhood, ensure that the funds are not still in the settlement period. Assuming the funds are available for transfer, you are entitled to five withdrawals totaling up to 50,000USD per business day. Any figure or number higher than that will prevent you from withdrawing your funds.
How To Set Up A Direct Deposit
You have three options for setting up direct deposit.
- Directly Through Robinhood Online: Direct deposit can be set up directly via Robinhood by signing into your employer’s or payroll provider’s website from the Robinhood application.
- Online Through Payroll Provider Or Employer: You can set up direct deposit online by providing your account information to your payroll provider’s or company’s website.
- Manually using a pre-filled form: You can manually set up your direct deposit by submitting a pre-filled form to your human resources department.
Whether you choose to transfer the funds to your original account or a new checking account, Robinhood offers both options, as well as convenient cancellation options.
- How Long Does An ACH Payment Take
- How Long Does Mobile Check Deposit Take Bank of America
- How Long Does Mobile Check Deposit Take Chime