Making a mobile deposit at Bank of America is simple: simply photograph your receipt and upload the image to your account. The mobile application displays when you’ve exceeded your monthly deposit limit. Funds deposited after 8 p.m., on most occasions, are available the next business day.
- How Do I Make A Mobile Check Deposit With Bank of America
- How Long Does Mobile Check Deposit Take Bank Of America
- Can Funds Be Delayed In Your Account
- Mobile Deposit Limits For Bank of America
- Mobile Deposit Fees For Bank of America
- How Do I Make A Bank of America Mobile Deposit
- How To Use Bank of America Mobile Deposit To Deposit Checks
- Advantages and Disadvantages Of Bank of America Mobile Check Deposit
- What Kinds Of Cheques Can I Use With My Bank of America Mobile Check Deposit
- What Will Happen If Something Goes Wrong With The Mobile Deposit
- Is The Bank of America Mobile Deposit The Best Option For You
- Bottom Line
- Related Articles
How Do I Make A Mobile Check Deposit With Bank of America
You may deposit checks with Bank of America mobile banking account at any time and from anywhere. It’s very simple to deposit a cheque: follow these steps:
- Open the mobile app and sign in to your account.
- From the Menu, choose Deposit Checks.
- Choose the account to which you’d like to submit the check.
- Take a photo of the entire check using your phone’s camera.
- After that, take a photo of the back of your endorsed check from every angle.
- Make sure to sign and write “for deposit only at Bank of America” beneath your signature on the back of the check.
- Enter the deposit amount.
- Confirm all the details and then click the deposit button to finish the procedure.
How Long Does Mobile Check Deposit Take Bank Of America
The time it takes for Bank of America mobile deposit to go through your account is dependent on the sort of deposit, the time zone at which you opened your account, and when the money is sent.
Deposits paid before the cut-off times on a working day are generally available the next working day. The following are the cut-off times, which are determined by time zones:
- Pacific: At 8 p.m. PT
- Eastern: At 9 p.m. ET
- Mountain: 8 p.m. PT
- Central: 9 p.m. ET
Accounts that are opened at the Bank of America financial institutions in El Paso, New Mexico, and Western Kansas, Texas: At 9 p.m. ET.
If you opened your account in the Eastern time zone, for example, and deposit the check before 9 p.m. on Thursday, your money will be accessible the following Friday. If a deposit was made after 9 p.m. on Friday, your money will be accessible the following Tuesday.
Deposits that are made on Sunday or Saturday will be accessible on Tuesday. Federal holidays may cause delays in the release of cash into your account, owing to processing time and other issues. If, for example, a holiday falls on Monday, your cash will be accessible on Wednesday.
Can Funds Be Delayed In Your Account
According to the Bank of America Deposit Agreement and Disclosure, there may be occasions when funds are not available. In such circumstances, you will be informed by the following business day. The cash in your account will be accessible within one working day, beginning with the first $225 of money deposited.
There are also special conditions for establishing new accounts. Personal check deposits generally become accessible after five business days once your deposit is made within the first 30 days of your account opening. The first 5,525 USD of each day’s deposits are usually accessible before the second working day if you deposit cashier’s or certified checks, government, travelers, or teller checks. After the deposit is made, the remaining money will be accessible on the fifth working day.
Transfers are treated differently from cheque deposits. You’ll have immediate access to cash that has been deposited into your account from another Bank of America deposit account. When the transfer happens after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on a working day, you will not discover it in your transaction history until the following day, however. If you make a transfer on a Sunday, Saturday, or a bank holiday, the money will appear in your transaction history on the following business day.
Mobile Deposit Limits For Bank of America
Bank of America sets limits on the amount of money that can be put into your account using a mobile deposit. The restrictions are determined by your account’s age and membership in Bank of America Preferred Rewards.
For accounts opened for three months or longer, the Bank of America mobile check deposit cap is 10,000USD per month. The deposit limit for accounts opened for less than three months is 2,500USD per month.
There’s a 25,000USD monthly limit for Bank of America Preferred Rewards members who have signed up for less than 3 months. The maximum amount each month is 50,000USD for the accounts with a membership of 3 or more months.
Mobile Deposit Fees For Bank of America
Bank of America mobile deposit does not have a cost. Nevertheless, your wireless carrier may charge for messaging or data usage.
How Do I Make A Bank of America Mobile Deposit
The Bank of America mobile application, which is accessible via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, may be used to deposit funds using a phone.
Mobile App Features
The application is a useful tool on both platforms not just for keeping track of your accounts, but also for organizing your money. The following are some of the things you may accomplish using it:
- Deposit checks.
- Transfer money via Zelle.
- Pay your bills as well as schedule the bill payments.
- Check credit card and loan balances.
- Review activity of the account.
- Take advantage of current discounts.
The application features Erica, a VA who can assist you in using the software and sending alerts with financial data and advice. You may also use the program to contact customer care if you require live assistance or want to book an appointment with a specialist account manager. Security features like Face ID and Touch ID safeguard your accounts from fraud.
How To Use Bank of America Mobile Deposit To Deposit Checks
Checks should be deposited in a few simple actions. Remove the check from any stub or other document before you begin. Then lay the check flat on a dark-colored, well-illuminated surface.
Apart from depositing the check, the app also enables you to email, save, and print a copy of it.
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Bank of America Mobile Check Deposit
The Bank of America mobile check deposit is a fantastic option for most users. There are, however, certain disadvantages.
- Check deposits are secure, fast, and free.
- Money from government checks and cashier’s checks are accessible the next working day.
- Customers may email, save, and print copies of their deposited checks.
- Money from personal check deposits into the new accounts is not available for 5 days.
- Money orders, third-party checks, and traveler’s checks are not eligible for mobile deposits.
- Check deposits are limited at Bank of America. The application will keep track of how many more deposits you can make.
What Kinds Of Cheques Can I Use With My Bank of America Mobile Check Deposit
The bank of America accepts only checks from a financial institution based in the United States. At Bank of America, you may mobile deposit any check that falls into one of the following categories:
- Cashier’s check.
- Personal checks.
- Government/treasury checks.
- Business checks.
What Will Happen If Something Goes Wrong With The Mobile Deposit
You will receive an email if there is a problem with the deposited check, such as potential fraud or insufficient funds, so you can bring it to a financial center and have it resolved.
Is The Bank of America Mobile Deposit The Best Option For You
Customers may use their phones to make a quick, convenient deposit into their accounts using Bank of America mobile deposit. Although certain checks are excluded from the list, the most prevalent cashier’s, personal, and government-issued cheques are supported.
The mobile deposit features are quite basic. Bank of America’s mobile app distinguishes itself from other big bank applications in that it includes a budgeting tool and virtual assistant that can aid you with all aspects of your financial life, as well as arrange a face-to-face meeting with account specialists.