The history of Target started back in 1902 by George Dayton. The company has seen tremendous growth since then to become one of the largest and most convenient stores in America, with over 410,000 employees across 1,900 stores, attending to millions of people. (Wikipedia)
If you are a loyal customer at the store, then you probably know that they accept multiple forms of payment. This includes Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and even contactless cards. But does Target accept Apple Pay? Find out below.
What is Apple Pay
In this day and error, most people use Apple products. This includes Apple phones, earpads, and watches. Apple Pay is a payment technology only usable by Apple users. It was founded with the intention of moving users from traditional cards and modes of payment to mobile payment.
You can think of it as a contactless card that enables you to make payments and purchase just about anything you want right from your iPhone or iPad. All you need to do is set it up on your device and once that’s done, you are good to go.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on your iPhone Wallet
Setting up and using Apple Pay is easier than you think. The important thing you will need in the process is a debit, credit, or prepaid card, which you will add to your wallet. Here is how to set it up on your Apple Device (Apple Watch or iPhone);
- Go to your device settings and choose “Wallet” then “Apple Pay”
- Select “add a card”
- Enter card details
- Click “Continue” and confirm the card details you entered.
You can also add more cards to your wallet through the following process;
- In your wallet, tap the “plus” sign. You will be prompted to log in with your ID
- Once you are signed in, choose one of these cards;
- Previous cards; this means choosing any card that is already associated with your Apple accounts. It could be one that you use with your Apple ID or Apple Pay on any of your other devices. It could also be a card you added and removed before. Select “Continue” and provide the CVV number of the cards you have chosen.
- Debit/ credit card; you can enter your cards’ details manually here or hold your phone over the card to appear on the frame.
- Transit card; enter a card name or location.
You can also add a card from the bank’s app or the card issuer. Note that you can add multiple cards, which automatically makes the first card the default card. However, you can rearrange them at any time, to set the default card as you wish, following these simple steps;
- In the wallet, select “default card”
- Hold down the card you want to set as default and drag it to the front
- If you need to re-arrange the other cards in the stack, just touch them, hold them down, and drag them to the position you want.
Now that you have everything set up and ready to use, but!
Does Target Take Apple Pay
Does Target accept Apple Pay? Can you go to the store without your wallet and pay with your iPhone through Apple Pay? Target accepts multiple methods of payments and yes target take Apple Pay also.
You will be able to complete your transaction in a simple and fast way; at checkout, hold your iPhone over the card reader and your transaction will automatically be processed.
If you are using an Apple watch, you still will go through the same process as when you are using your iPhone; hold the button (on the side) on your watch, use face recognition or enter your passcode, and hold the watch over the reader to process and complete your payment.
How to Use Apple Pay on Target App
Target introduced its app a little over a decade ago to make shopping easy for its customers. If you are using the App then you already know the multiple benefits that come with it including getting coupons, rewards, discounts, and more.
The good news is that you can also pay for your items at target with Apple Pay through the App. Here is how;
- The very first step is to obviously download the app.
- Create and set up your target account and choose your location
- Select “deliver ship” or “pick up” your items
- At the checkout page, click “Apple Pay”
- Enter all the required details on the next page.
One of the most asked questions: Does Target Accept Apple Pay? The answer is yes. All you need to do is have an Apple device, set up Apple Pay, and add a valid credit or/ debit card. You can also use it with the Target app and website.
Setting up Apple Pay on your Apple device is also quite a fast and easy process. As long as you have a valid card, you are good to go. And you can add more than one card. Follow the step-by-step guide in this article to add cards to your wallet.