Do you have Chime and Cash App accounts? Chances are, you may want to transfer money from Chime to Cash App and vice versa. With your Chime online bank account, you can access your money easily via the convenient mobile banking app.
The Chime spending account has an account number, bank routing number, a debit card, and secure login credentials like a traditional bank account. However, Chime carries out all its operations online and doesn’t have physical branches.
By logging in to your Chime account, you can transfer money to Cash App and other mobile wallets. Thus, you can spend your money right from your phone. This article discusses how to transfer money from Chime in simple, straightforward steps. Keep reading for more information.
- What is Chime
- Opening a Chime Bank Account
- How to Deposit Money to a Chime Account
- How to Link a Chime Account to Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
- How to transfer money from a Chime Debit Card to Cash App
- Why Do You Need a Cash App?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- The Bottom Line
What is Chime
Chime is an online bank privately owned by Ryan King and Chris Britt, who started it in 2013. The fact that you can open and use a Chime bank account online makes it a popular option compared to other banks.
In its operations, Chime uses the name US Bank. However, it has no physical branch. Unlike traditional banks, which charge an overdraft fee, Chime steers clear from such charges.
Chime account holders can carry out all their transactions online by downloading and installing the Chime App. It is available on the Google Play store and the Apple App Store. Once installed, you can use the app to access free banking services.
Opening a Chime Bank Account
Before you can transfer money from a Chime bank account to Cash App, you can open an account with Chime. That’s because you need an account number and routing number from Chime to complete the transfer. Apart from having a good internet connection, the following are the things you need to open a Chime bank account:
- A valid photo ID
- Age above 18 years
- Your Valid Contact Address
- A social security number (SSN)
You have to fill out an online application to open a Chime account. You need all the necessary documents ready before starting the process. Here is the Chime account opening process:
- Step 1: Go to www.chime.com through a browser, where you’ll get the application form.
- Step 2: Personal information, including your email address or phone contact number.
- Step 3: Scan all the relevant documents and upload them to the website.
- Step 4: Choose whether or not you wish to apply for a Chime debit card.
- Step 5: Complete the application and click Submit.
While it is useful, the Chime debit card isn’t necessary for money transfers. You only need an account number and a checking number to transfer money from Chime to Cash App.
How to Deposit Money to a Chime Account
Remember, your Chime Account needs to have money before you can transfer to another bank account or Cash App. Luckily, adding money to a Chime bank account is extremely easy. Here are some of the ways to fund your Chime account. Here are a few suggestions:
- Receiving Money: Did you know that you can receive money from another bank account via electronic money transfer? It would help if you supplied the other bank account holder with your routing number and account number for that to happen.
- Chime Account: It’s also possible to receive money from another Chime account from Chime Account. Whether a client or your employer, you should give them your Chime bank account number.
- Bank Account: You can link your Bank and Chime accounts. Once you have done that, transfer money from the Bank account to your Chime account. Compatible bank accounts include Wells Fargo, Citi, Capital One, Bank of America, etc.
How to Link a Chime Account to Cash App
The assumption is that you already have a Cash App account to link your Chime account. It takes just a few steps to link the two accounts. Here is what you need to do:
- Step 1: Open the Cash app and tap the section for the profile picture.
- Step 2: You have to enter your bank account number in the next window. Here, you should input your Chime account number.
- Step 3: Once you have entered your Chime account details, tap Link Account. With that, you’ll complete the process.
Using this process, you can also link debit and credit cards. After adding the Chime account, you can use the money transfer option. Check that you have the right Chime account details to avoid losing money in the process.
What can you do to ensure that you have the right information whenever you send money from Chime? Check that the Chime account number you provided is right. Make a small money transfer to the Cash App. Ideally, it should be $1 or less. If you receive the money, the account linking process is complete. If not, do it again.
How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App
After confirming that you have linked your Chime account to Cash App, you can go ahead and do the money transfer. The following is a step-by-step process you can take to transfer money from Chime to Cash App:
- Step 1: Go to your computer, smartphone, or tablet and open www.chime.com on your web browser.
- Step 2: Log in to your Chime bank account using your login credentials.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Transfer Money tab and tap or click on it.
- Step 4: Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Step 5: Click Proceed to initiate the transaction.
- Step 6: In the next window, fill in your Cash App personal information, including your full name, email ID, and contact number.
- Step 7: Click or touch Pay. With that, the money moves to your Cash App account within a very short time. You need to open Cash App and check that the transaction is concluded.
How to transfer money from a Chime Debit Card to Cash App
Connecting a Chime debit card and a Cash App account is also possible. You can start by linking the two. Here is the process you can take to enable that:
Step 1: Open Cash App
Log in to your Cash App account so that you can view your profile. If you have no idea how to open your profile, tap on the photo. On a desktop browser, you would need to click on the photo.
Step 2: Add Bank Account
Tap Add Card to open a drop-down list of debit card providers, including Chime. Click or tap on Chime.
step 3: Enter Debit Card Details
Enter the Chime debit card details and tap Link Account. With that, you’ll complete the process, and your debit card and Cash App will be linked.
Step 4: Log in to the Chime Account
Use your login credentials to open your Chime account. Navigate to the Transfer Money Tab, where you can initiate the process.
Step 5: Transfer Money
If you aren’t sure if you have linked the two services correctly, start by transferring a small amount of money. It should work. If it doesn’t, then you can do the linking again. Once you’re sure that all is well, go ahead and send the money.
Why Do You Need a Cash App?
Cash App is a mobile wallet for sending money or receiving cash expeditiously as it happens on Venmo or PayPal. As a Cash App user, you’ll also get a debit card and bank account. With a debit card, you can withdraw money from an ATM.
Signing up for a Cash App account is easy. All you need is to provide your phone number, email, ZIP code, and name. You don’t need to link a bank account to get acceptance from Cash App.
You can send and receive money to your Cash App account if you have a $Cashtag, a unique username that makes it easier to find on the platform. After sending money from a Chime spending account, you can spend it online or withdraw via an ATM.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I transfer money from Cash App to Chime?
Yes. You can transfer funds from Cash App to Chime. In that case, you have to link your Chime bank account with Cash App. Thus, cashing out to Chime is like any other linked bank account. Here is how to transfer money from Cash App to Chime:
- Step 1: Open the Cash App on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Go to the Cash Out tab and tap it.
- Step 3: Enter the amount you want to transfer. Tap Cash Out.
- Step 4: Select whether you want a Standard or Instant deposit.
- Step 5: Use a Touch ID or PIN to authenticate the transaction.
With that, the funds would move straight from Cash App to your Chime account. You can then spend the money or withdraw it using your Chime debit card.
How much does it cost to transfer money from Chime to Cash App?
When withdrawing money from Chime to Cash App, you can choose between the Standard or Instant transfer. The fees involved depend on how fast you want the transfer to happen. An instant direct deposit is 1.5% of the amount or a $0.25 minimum. If you choose the standard option, you’ll have to wait for up to three days and pay nothing.
How much money can I send from Chime to Cash App?
The amount of money you can send to Cash App depends on whether or not your account is verified. If you have an unverified account, Cash App transactions, deposits, or withdrawals have a $1,000 monthly cap.
To verify your Cash App account, you need to be above 18 years old. You’ll need to provide relevant documents, including your ID card and Social Security Number (SSN). Also important is providing your date of birth and full name. After verification, you can send or receive move money through Cash App.
The Bottom Line
Chime and Cash App are two online financial services popular for their speed and convenience. It is possible to transfer money from Chime to Cash App and vice versa. The process starts with having accounts with both services.
Once you link the two accounts, you can initiate the money transfer process. Doing so enables direct deposit from one mobile wallet to another. You can then spend your money directly from Cash App or withdraw it via an ATM.