Department store credit cards can be a great way to save money on your purchases, both with special financing offers and rewards programs. However, not all department store credit cards are created equal. Some have high interest rates and annual fees, while others have limited rewards programs.
List of the 15 Best Easiest Department Store Credit Cards
- JCPenney Credit Card
- Amazon Store Card
- Target RedCard™ Credit Card
- Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Card
- Kohl’s Card
- Macy’s Credit Card
- Nordstrom Credit Card
- My Best Buy® Visa® Card
- Bloomingdale’s American Express® Card
- Lowe’s® Advantage Card
- TJX Rewards® credit card
- BJ’s One+™ Mastercard®
- REI Co-op® Mastercard®
- Key Rewards Visa
- Fingerhut Credit Account
How to apply for a department store credit cards
There are two ways to apply for a department store credit card: online or in-store.
To apply online
- Go to the department store’s website and click on the “Credit Card” link.
- Fill out the application form, which will typically ask for your name, address, Social Security number, and income information.
- Review the terms and conditions of the card and submit your application.
To apply in-store
- Go to the customer service desk and ask for a credit card application.
- Fill out the application form and submit it to the customer service representative.
- The customer service representative will review your application and let you know if you have been approved.
Most department store credit cards offer instant approval, so you will typically find out if you have been approved within minutes of applying. If you are approved, you may be able to use your new credit card immediately to make a purchase.
How to choose the best department store credit card for you
When choosing a department store credit card, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Rewards: What kind of rewards are you looking for? Some department store credit cards offer cash back, while others offer points that can be redeemed for merchandise or travel.
- Interest rates: Department store credit cards typically have high interest rates, so it’s important to choose a card with an APR that you can afford.
- Annual fees: Some department store credit cards have annual fees, while others don’t. If you’re not sure if you’ll use your card enough to justify the annual fee, it’s best to choose a card without one.
- Credit requirements: Some department store credit cards have easier credit requirements than others. If you have bad credit, you’ll need to choose a card with lower credit requirements.
How to get approved for a department store credit card
If you have bad credit, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting approved for a department store credit card:
- Check your credit report. Before you apply for any credit card, it’s important to check your credit report for errors. You can get a free copy of your credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus once per year at annualcreditreport.com. If you find any errors on your credit report, dispute them with the credit bureau.
- Pay down debt. The lower your credit utilization ratio (the amount of debt you have compared to your available credit), the better your chances of getting approved for a credit card. Try to pay down as much debt as possible before you apply for a card.
- Get a secured credit card. Secured credit cards require you to put down a deposit, which serves as your credit limit. If you make all of your payments on time and in full, you’ll be able to build your credit and eventually qualify for an unsecured credit card.
- Apply for a department store credit card with a lower credit requirement. Some department store credit cards have lower credit requirements than others. If you have bad credit, you’ll need to choose a card with lower credit requirements.
Once you’ve applied for a department store credit card, be sure to make all of your payments on time and in full. This will help you build your credit and eventually qualify for better credit cards with lower interest rates and better rewards.
The 15 department store credit cards on this list are all easy to get approved for, even with fair or bad credit. When choosing a card, be sure to consider the annual fee, rewards program, interest rate, and credit score requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the easiest department store credit card to get?
The easiest department store credit card to get is the one with the lowest credit score requirement. Some department store credit cards, such as the Target RedCard™ Credit Card and the Kohl’s Card, have fair credit score requirements (640-679). You may also be able to get a department store credit card with a bad credit score (below 640) if you are willing to put down a security deposit.
Is it easy to get a department store credit card?
It depends on your credit score and the credit score requirements of the card you are applying for. If you have good credit, you should have no problem getting a department store credit card. However, if you have bad credit, you may have a harder time getting approved.
What store credit cards can you use immediately?
Once you are approved for a store credit card, you may be able to use it immediately to make a purchase. However, some stores may require you to wait 24-48 hours before you can use your new card.
Which credit card is most likely to approve me?
The credit card that is most likely to approve you depends on your credit score and other factors, such as your income and employment status. However, some credit cards are known to be more lenient with their approval requirements than others. For example, the Discover it® Secured Credit Card is a good option for people with bad credit or no credit history.
Do bad credit credit cards Australia have no credit check?
No, bad credit credit cards in Australia do not have no credit check. However, some bad credit credit cards have lower credit score requirements than others. You may also be able to get a bad credit credit card with a security deposit.
What credit card can I get with a 582 credit score?
There are a few credit cards that you may be able to get with a 582 credit score. Some good options include the Discover it® Secured Credit Card, the Capital One® Secured Platinum Credit Card, and the Credit One® Bank Platinum Visa® Secured Credit Card.
What is the minimum credit score for a credit card in Australia?
The minimum credit score for a credit card in Australia varies from lender to lender. However, most lenders have a minimum credit score requirement of 550-600. If you have a credit score below 550, you may have difficulty getting approved for a credit card.
What credit card companies don’t want you to know?
Credit card companies don’t want you to know that you can negotiate your interest rate. If you have a good credit history, you may be able to negotiate a lower interest rate on your credit card by calling your credit card company.