Cash App, like Venmo, allows you to send funds to friends, family, and other contacts directly from your phone. However, because it connects to your checking account, you cannot simply delete it from your mobile phone like any other app.
If you need to uninstall Cash App, you must first delete your account and then uninstall the app. Don’t know where to begin? Discover how to delete your Cash App on iOS or Android below:
What Exactly Is Cash App?
Cash App is a well-known mobile payment application that enables you to receive and send funds from others using your connected bank account. You may also request funds from anyone on your contact who utilizes Cash App.
In addition, as an additional feature, the app provides a Visa debit card (referred to as Cash Card), which allows you to utilize your Cash App money and withdraw it from any ATM.
It’s free to create a Cash App account. After registering an account, you will get a username of your preference known as a $Cashtag. You can receive, send, and request cash using that username anytime and from any location.
How To Delete Cash App Account?
Before deleting your Cash App account, you should first transfer the money to another account. The exact steps for withdrawing money from your Cash App Account are as follows.
- Launch Cash App and click on the bank icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click the “Cash Out” tab underneath your “Cash Balance.”
- When you press the “Cash Out” button, your total balance will automatically transfer to your checking account. You can use the touchscreen to enter a lower amount if you prefer.
- A notification will appear requesting how you wish to deposit the funds. When you select “Standard,” the funds will be available in your bank account within 1 to 3 days. You can click “Instant” for a $0.25 fee to get the funds right away.
Following that, let me show you how to delete your cash app account using the app. Below are the steps:
- Launch your Cash App and click on the tab that displays the amount of cash you have or the bank tab on the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- Here is another reminder to deposit your funds into your checking account before deleting the Cash App. We can spare your heart the agony of financial loss by taking this step. Also, if you own stocks or bitcoin, make sure to liquidate them. Remember, these steps are for Cashing Out your money.
- Next, return to the main homepage. Click on the profile option on the screen’s upper right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the fourth option, “Support.”
- There’ll be more options after that, but you must select the one that indicates “Something Else.”
- On the following page, select “Account Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Close my Cash App Account” in the “Account Settings section.”
- Lastly, press the confirm button. Following that, Cash App will log you out of the app automatically. Next, you’ll receive a text message or email confirming the deletion of your Cash App Account.
Is It Possible To Delete Your Cash App Account Using A Computer?
Many individuals have no idea that you can use Cash App from a computer rather than a popular app. You may use a computer to remove your Cash App account in the same way you can with the app.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for deleting your Cash App account on a computer:
- Navigate to the Cash App official site and sign in to your account.
- Move to Settings and select the personal information alternative.
- Scroll to the bottom to check the “Delete Account” tab.
- You must explain why you wish to delete your account on the computer.
- Finally, hit the confirm button.
After logging out of your Cash App account, you should get a text message or email confirming your action. As you have seen, deleting your Cash App Account using a computer is quite simple.
Is It Possible To Temporarily Deactivate Your Cash App?
You might consider closing your Cash App account for a short period before resuming use. If this is the case, you may deactivate your Cash App temporarily. Navigate to your Account Settings and select “Personal Information” as the option. Then, select “Deactivate” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Uninstalling The Cash App
You would want to uninstall the application from your mobile phone now that you understand how you can deactivate your Cash App Account. I’ll demonstrate how to complete this process on an Android and an iPhone device in the section below.
Using An iPhone
The iPhone users may delete Cash App from their mobile phones or the App Store. If you have an iPhone 12, you may remove an app by tapping and holding it and then clicking Remove App.
Using An Android
When uninstalling an app, Android users have several options. The simplest method is to long-press the app and select “Uninstall.”
Another option is to navigate to your settings and look for the “Apps & Notifications” feature. Then, select the option that indicates “See all 20 apps” (where the number represents the number of apps you currently have installed on your device).
Locate the Cash App application on the page and click uninstall. If you follow the prompts, you will be able to remove Cash App from your mobile device.
Is It Possible To Delete The Transaction History Of Your Cash App?
You can’t delete your transaction history or undo past transactions. Unfortunately, such a feature is not available in the app or website. Only by deleting your Cash App account will you be able to delete your Cash App payment history successfully.
Is It Possible To Delete The Cash App And Create A New One?
You can open a new Cash App at any time after erasing your old one. You can still utilize the same phone number, bank account, and email address. However, opening a new account will not retrieve your previous account’s payment history.
How Do I Unlink A Business Account From The Cash App?
When you register for Cash App, you choose to create a personal or business account. You may now want to delete the business account and convert it to a personal account. You are free to do so if you so desire.
To begin, navigate to the profile page of the Cash App. Next, locate the personal icon option and, on the following screen, click “Change Account Type.” Lastly, your Cash App will transform into a personal account after you confirm the activity.
What Happens If You Delete The Cash App?
Once you confirm the deletion of your Cash App account, it permanently deletes. If you want your Cash App’s Cashtag or Id to continue to exist after this, you must create it again. As a result, if someone tries to send you funds, it will bring an error message on their side.
How Do You Get In Touch With Cash App Support When You Need Assistance?
If you want to reach Cash App support, the contact information is available on their website. As you’ll see, there are three options for contacting a Cash App specialist. They include: via the app, website, and phone calls.
Email responses from Cash App support typically take 3 to 4 days to arrive. Alternatively, you may get help from the Cash App support desk through social media within 1 to 2 days. The app is the swiftest way to contact Cash App Support, and you may receive a response within minutes.
Cash App is a contact-based money-transfer app that allows you to receive and send money to others. While the application is helpful for quickly receiving and sending money, deleting your account requires you to follow several steps, which I’ve outlined above. Once done, you can conveniently uninstall the application from your phone.